Come join this early stage, venture backed biotechnology company and help us redefine the development of new medicines that truly have the potential to be safe, effective and accessible to all.
We believe in fostering a respectful environment, which honors each individual that is within the Company and those that come into contact with the Company. We approach everyone with integrity. We also honor diversity in thoughts, beliefs, cultural background, gender identity, sexuality, relationship status or constructs, as well as each person’s pursuit of presence and happiness through this diversity.
We believe that self-awareness is paramount in how we interact with other individuals in life, personally and professionally. Self-awareness is a skill which tempers the ego, creates connection and allows for individuals to be open to growth.
We believe in curiosity in the form of non-judgmental and anti-dogmatic thinking. We created this company to bring medicines intrinsic to human homeostasis to the forefront, requiring constant curiosity and a dedication to bringing curiosity out in others.
We believe a focus on growth, both professionally and personally, is a key portion of our roles in the company, where the ability to receive and to invite reflection from other team members is critical to our success as a company and as individuals.
Intentional & Honest
We believe that being intentional in all that we do is core to accomplishing what we have set out to do, including the words we use to communicate.
We strive to do good for all with whom we interact – our employees, their loved ones, patients participating in our clinical trials, their loved ones, the medical community, the healthcare system, and our communities.
What We Offer
Our team works 100% remotely, in a place that supports the creativity and focus of the individual based upon the work at hand. Intrinsic Medicine offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes paid vacation and sick days, holidays, health, life and long-term disability insurance coverage, and other benefits.
Check back often for job openings – we are growing!
Inquires? Contact Us for Additional Information
Executive Director, Accounting and Corporate Controller
Full Time / Remote Work
We are seeking an Executive Director, Accounting and Corporate Controller who can hit the groundrunning. As a key contributor, this position will be integral to the day-to-day management and continued growth of the company. This role will contribute to building and leading the accounting function for our emerging organization, including responsibility for technical accounting and public financial reporting. Our successful candidate will have the opportunity to make significant contributions in our dynamic, remote-based start-up environment.
- Lead all areas of accounting, both technical and transactional including financial reporting, technical accounting, technical revenue, consolidations, operational accounting, revenue close and operations.
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and leading practices and procedures to adapt to changes in our business and to ensure compliance. Ensure overall corporate controllership policies are created and aligned.
- Contribute to budgeting, forecasting, and reporting on a company-wide basis.
- Establish, monitor, and maintain internal controls over financial reporting. Improve internal controls to ensure SOX compliance with all processes within the controllership organization.
- Serve as primary contact with external auditors to ensure effective execution of audits, quarterly reviews, internal controls, and financial reporting activities.
- Lead, develop, and improve the close processes for a fast-paced, growing company on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Conduct quarterly and monthly financial reporting and required SEC regulatory reporting, including but not limited to annual reporting, 10K/10Q preparation, regular executive presentations, board of director presentations, and budget summaries.
- 10+ years of progressive, relevant accounting experience. Public company experience required, previous experience in biotech preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or economics. CPA required.
- Possess technical expertise related to GAAP and external reporting including SEC reporting, stock option accounting, revenue recognition, acquisitions, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Demonstrated recent experience in researching and preparing technical accounting memorandums for complex issues and new pronouncements.
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure, and internal controls.
- Comprehensive understanding and prior experience with design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills, demonstrated ability to succeed in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to successfully lead and manage direct reports ensuring a strong team environment with great rapport, while maintaining a hands-on approach.
- Strong team approach and team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate strategies, analysis and recommendations clearly and effectively.
- Expertise in utilizing enterprise systems, financial systems and reporting tools.
- Ability to travel to co-working locations in Seattle, San Diego or other locations as needed.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.